Thursday, June 17, 2010

Skittles Fizzl'd Fruits


Skittles Fizzl'd Fruits is another one of my CVS finds recently. They look a lot like Sour Skittles when you first look at them, as they have a powder coating. The powder fizzes in your mouth and is kind of a fun sensation. I love fizzing candy, so this is something I enjoyed eating even though I find Skittles to be kind of too sweet with little real flavor. I still prefer fizzing hard candies for a fizz candy fix, but I have a hard time finding those and these are not too bad of an alternative, especially since I now know Skittles are vegetarian friendly.

I am a vegetarian and I kind of do not care about the little things (eg. gelatin and okay even sometimes the big thing of fish) and rarely read candy packages, but a few weeks ago someone was telling me what candy they avoid because it has gelatin and they mentioned Skittles. I never really thought of Skittles as having gelatin not that care, as I happily ate Sour Patch Kids as if they were not vegetarian until I finally realized they actually were and began eating them even more!!! So, when I bought the Skittles Fizzl'd Fruits I actually did first read the ingredients and realized they are in fact vegan. Yes, Skittles used to have strict vegetarian and vegan unfriendly ingredients, but not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment